Thursday, September 17, 2015

Mood Board

Mood Board
Last week I was introduced to Interior Design and so far it’s the best class I have! It’s exciting and when we were talking about what we are going to do I got goosebumps. Our first small project was to create a mood board on a website called Olioboard. It is a site where you can create room ideas or, what we created, mood boards and many other things your heart desires. A mood board is kind of a place for a designer to throw some ideas together and get the “mood” they are looking for a space or creation. Specifically for interior designers they would use a mood board to help capture what mood or idea their client is looking for. My mood board was made to describe my personality and my style. I believe the style I went for was a Modern-Rustic. The reason I say this is because I felt that I used a lot of items that have that homey and warm feeling. Things being like the dark wood floors, soft lighting, rusting items, and bricks. The modern side I think is partly the colors. I decided to use a bright, light blue against the rustic features. I also think the sharp edges of most of my furniture is a more modern look. Also combining the metals like gold, silver, and brass is a more modern style because we are combining metals these days. I also think that modern homes have a unity of fire, water, and earth. Fire being the fireplace, the wood items and floor, and crates. Water is of course represented by the blue accents I have a round the room. Then earth is shown with the stone and wood I have in the room. The way the room describes my personality would be warm and welcoming. I feel the room is warm with the fireplace, the color choices, and the soft blanket I put into the room. I also believe that adding the light blue to th the room adds a little excitement, and I feel that for me describes that I am happy and like to have fun. Light blue is also my favorite color. I also added a marvel poster because I would consider myself a geek. I play video games, watch videos online about video games, and I love scifi and fantasy movies. The cost of my mood board would be 10,971.

2 comments: