Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Experience on Summit Ave.



On the Summit Ave. Tour we saw many big and extravagant houses! Here I will be explain the trip and giving you all the info on how you can take the tour yourself, or learn a couple things about the homes. I will also list the houses you MUST see and know about.

The James J. Hill house was the first place that we stopped and the people that work there (Summit Ave. Walking Tour) gave us the tour. The James J. Hill house was the biggest house on Summit Ave.

The second house we were introduced to was the house to the right of The James J. Hill House was The Louis Hill House. This house used to belong to one of James' sons. You can learn more about Louis W. Hill by clicking the link I have embedded in his name.


The Italian Beaux Arts Mansion was one of my favorite houses that we saw on the tour. I believe it was modern for it's time, and it is very pretty. I also like how it has a side entrance, it gives it an interesting feel.




The James J. Hill House Carriage House is a beautiful remodel. It's rustic and modern. It was on of the most interesting things I saw on the trip. The house is actually for sale right now. 

The Summit Ave. Walking Tour is a must do/see. It has amazing history (which you can find here) and it's just really interesting to look at these beautiful, but historic homes. I had a lot of fun looking at the homes and learning about them because I love to look at homes, and interior designs of them. I think that anyone, like me, who likes to look at or just learn about homes should take this tour. I also believe if you live in Minnesota it's a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment